Spring Cleaning a Blog… in Autumn
I recently realised that I had not updated my blog since I last started it late last year. My profile picture looked a bit cluttered, I did not have a logo, my layout was somewhat cluttered.
It was by no means terrible but I did make some executive decisions – perhaps you can find something useful for your own blog here:
- I created a logo using the label maker recommended by WordPress, Looka – see above. I added said logo to the homepage, Facebook page, Instagram page, account profile image and site icon (the icon you see on top of the tab).
- I updated the header image and layout to a fairly neutral looking one to provide a blank canvas for content.
- I added widgets to the landing page to include my social media pages (Facebook, Instagram).
- I changed the commenting policy so you can now comment without being logged in first. If I get too much spam, I might reconsider.
- I vowed to take prettier photos going forward. I’m all for long formats and not very big on the visuals, however seeing as most people are quite visual, I will try and take more aesthetically pleasing photos from here on out.
- I reviewed and edited my top three posts for clarity – they are as follows, according to stats – perhaps you might find them helpful too:
- I set up a standard blog layout for future posts to help streamline my posts and make content more consistent as per the below:
Is there anything you have done to up your blogging game recently? Did you find anything of use to you? Let me know in the comments if you did. 😊